What to do with the parts I removed??

kovacjr

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
02 Silverado Z71 5.3

72 CJ5 304, 3sp, 2.5" lift, 33x12.5
72 CJ5

So I swapped out the AMC 304 for a 360 and the 3sp for a T-18 .

I have the a complete engine. Are the rods and crank worth trying to sell off? I think that are the same as the 360 right?? Just a bore difference? I also have a damper, pulleys, and timing cover along with the long bellhousing. I dont want to hold on to the AMC 304 block as there is noplace to store.

I also have the orignal 3sp tranny. Im sure there are guys out there that run the 3sp and there must be a need for spare parts.

I really dont want to lists all the stuff seperately on Ebay as its too mucgh time and not worth the investment.

Forgot to mention that the fuel pump eccentric is virtually brand new! On the 360 I built I put in the bad one as I installed a electric fuel pump. I know these are a hard part to get now and nothing new available.

I am in NJ

Why not sell whole motor in one whack on Craigslist?

You can either sell it all. I'd use places like our classifieds here and also craigslist.
Or you can do like me, and fill up a bay in the garage.:eek:

take the motor and steam cleaan it, take the heads off and cosmetic stuff off and put a piece of glass over it and make a coffee table out of it hahaha then post what your wife had to say :laugh:

What 3 speed is it?

T-15 ? :drool: Need that! lol Aww just seen NJ.. Cost me a __ load in shipping! Or a very long drive... :rolleyes:

And Kickitandholdit :laugh: x 2

~ JR

Last edited:
I always clean up any decent parts I have left over and sell them on Craigslist like mentioned.

Id sell it all complete myself , if I could. Just describe what you have to the best of your knowledge and post an ad. dont think you can sell off alot of used components from the AMC 304 that would make disassembly worthwile

I do not have a extra flywheel. I ended up re-ringing mine.

The motor ran when I took it out but did not have much in the way of oil pressure. I know the bearings are shot as I inspected them when I did the rear main seal last year. The reason I went with the motor replacement. Though it ran silet with no noise.

The Transmission is a T-15 Its the orignal from 72. I assume 68,ooo on it, so the ODO and title says. HAH

you are using the AMC 304 flywheel on the 390??:cool:

I do not have a extra flywheel. I ended up re-ringing mine.

The motor ran when I took it out but did not have much in the way of oil pressure. I know the bearings are shot as I inspected them when I did the rear main seal last year. The reason I went with the motor replacement. Though it ran silet with no noise.

The Transmission is a T-15 Its the orignal from 72. I assume 68,ooo on it, so the ODO and title says. HAH

you are using the AMC 304 flywheel on the 390??:cool:

Its a 360, yes the same flyweel was listed for the AMC 304 and 360.

I did have the engine balanced and they asked for the flywheel and balancer.

We have run the engine for break in and it idles very smooth with no vibrationb. Same for various RPMS. Cam tops out about 5200

P2210011.JPG

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom