whats the diff?

whats the diff?
Thanks
will the ring and pinion, just the ring in pinion not the carrier from a early off set 19 spline taperd dana fit the 30 spine carrier or vice versa, is there any differance in the ring an pinion alone

will the ring and pinion, just the ring in pinion not the carrier from a early off set 19 spline taperd dana fit the 30 spine carrier or vice versa, is there any differance in the ring an pinion alone

You will need to be more specific as to what model diff etc. They are not going to cross from one model to another but there may be an outside chance they may cross years of same model. So many variables and so much presision involved my GUESS is your answer is NO.

oh sorry early Dana 44 offset with taperd axle 19 spine. 4.88 with pow lok.
is what im running i was woundering if the 4. and up carrier of the Dana 44 30 spline in later years will accept the same ring gear and pinion position, reason being i need to put a new ring in pinion in this one. and plane on doing herms 30 spline full floater kit for this axle later, i know i need the 30 spline carrier for gearing 4 and up but do i have to install another ring and pinion for that one also or can i just use my ring gear and pinion setup

My head is spinning a little trying to understand exactly what you want to do but.. If your goal is to go to 30 spline axle shafts you only need to change the spider/ end gears inside the carrier, being a pow/loc carrier though maybe a snag there though. I am no axle rebuilder but believe model 44 R&P, carriers, end gears all cross over, what you need to watch is the axle spline count to match end gears and pinion spline count to match yoke as there are a few variations. If you have the early model 44 as in my 3B the pinion is 10 spline and they are very hard to come by unless you want the Omix junk, of course you can change the yoke to match the later count pinion if needed.
I would consult who ever you plan on having do the work.

With the Dana 44 the carrier is different when the gears are 3.92 and higher. In other words if your differential carrier had 3.54 and you want to install 4.1 gears then you need a new differential carrier.
The ring and pinion gear sets don't care what spline count the axles are.

i was woundering if the 4. and up carrier of the Dana 44 30 spline in later years will accept the same ring gear and pinion position
Short answer is Yes it will accept the same ring and pinion gear but to install it you need to adjust the shims to make sure you get the pinion depth and backlash set correctly.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom