Which Exhaust Manifold/Pipes/Muffler

Which Exhaust Manifold/Pipes/Muffler

al2ride

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76 CJ7, Fiberglass Tub, 78 4.2L, 78 Turbo 400, 82 Dana 300, 77 CJ7 Dana 30 Front Axle, 79 Bronco 9 inch Rear Axle, Weber 38 DGEV, HEI Distributor
My CJ currently has a very rusty exhaust. It has rusty headers that are leaking. I'm looking into replacing the entire thing and would like to go stock manifold. It's a 74 CJ body/frame, but the engine is 82. I can get oem manifold but don't know which front pipe and rest of mufflers that would be a drop in fit. Any ideas?

I would think you would want parts for a 74 exhaust. The frame change some in 76.

but the 82 engine will need a 82 manifold, intake and exhaust.:cool:

I'm not up on my I6's. I thought the manifold was the same from 72 - 86, I see they changed in 81.

Then I would just buy 82 manifold(s) and hit the local muffler shop. They should be able to tie into your original hanger mounting points easily (that is if they are available)... That 74 is pretty old so they will most likely use universal hangers.

Well, come to find out the intake manifold is a Clifford manifold. That means that the stock exhaust manifold would not fit with the Clifford. Now I need to find an affordable set of headers that will fit. Clifford offers them but they cost 350. Found these on ebay for a bit less but not sure if theyll fit...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom