Which Kit? MC 2100 Rebuild

JR74CJ5

Missing-Presumed Wheeling
Lifetime Supporter
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1974 CJ5 ~ Fresh built AMC 360 - SM420 - D20 - D30F with upgraded 30 spline shafts and knuckles & D44R - 4.27 Gears - ARB Lockers F/R - All chrome molly axles - on 33's - YJ 4" Lift Spring Conversion
Hey guy's,

Want to rebuild my MC 2100 Carb. Trying to see which kit I need, from O'Reilly... (Don't know about the parts guys there...)

BWD 10361A - Carburetor Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Walker Products 15654 - Carburetor Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts

BWD 10577 - Carburetor Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts

All those seem to work? but??? :confused:

Do I need to check the casting numbers on my carb?

Also at the same time, If needed, I'd like to change the Jet sizes...

Not sure wight now what CFM rating or Jet sizes I am currently running...

I am assuming the jets I have to see inside what i have first, but what should I be looking for for a all around CJ w/ AMC 304

And how do I find out my current CFM rating? I am assuming from the casting number, or those little dial-like stamps? Can one of you help me to understand this?

The directions for rebuilding the carb I have been reading look nice and easy. http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/pdf_documents/motorcraft_2150_carb.pdf

If anyone has other suggestions besides that PDF though, let me know.

:chug: All, Happy Friday!
~ JR

there should be a tag on the top of the carb that will tell the parts guy what kit you need.:cool:

Thank IO :notworthy: ... But i want to understand the cfm & jet sizes... I 'm going to do some searching tonight... :rolleyes:
:chug:
Jr

Was reading old post by elwood... If i understood correct, my cfm would be best at:

304x4500/3456= 395 or 396 ish? Does this sound about right? So id want around 1.33 mc2100?

Just got home... No tag on it...

Have 2 both are 1.08 per the numbers on the side meaning they're 289 cfm? Again according to an old post of elwoods...

So as far as jet size, no way to tell without disassembling carb right?

What size(s) do i "want" theoretically?

Last edited:
Thanks IO!! Ill get to reading! My boat outdrive blew some gears last weekend, so working on it too at the molment... Too many toys to keep going!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom