which transfer case do I have

Thanks Longhorn that sure does look like it minus the extras. I understand that is a good transfer system. Now just to figure out the axles.
Thank You

Thanks Longhorn that sure does look like it minus the extras. I understand that is a good transfer system. Now just to figure out the axles.
Thank You

What size rubber are you planning to run?

Right now it has 31 on it. Still trying to get a handle on what I have. New to Jeeps so this is going to be a project. Runs great just needs cleaning up.

Factory axles should be ok on 31's.
Maybe an upgrade to a Dana 44 or 9"Ford rear.

So much to learn but I have plenty of time. I will keep it pretty tame. Old bones hurt after a day of bouncing around. I'm already bit so who knows where it will end up.
Like the ideal about the axles. Have a in line 6 so I can't get to crazy.
Thanks
:chug:

As the pictures have confirmed your 1981 CJ came with a Dana 300 that has a round adaptor between the tranny and the 300. The bolt pattern at the back of the tranny for a 20 resembles the state of Texas (hence the term “Texas bolt pattern”) unless you have a 1980 Scout Dana 300 which has the Texas pattern.

If you have an AMC20 rear end, which is stock (round diff cover), no matter what you need to change the axle shafts to one piece aftermarket in lieu of the 2 piece OEMs or you could be beached at any moment, even in the Wally World parking lot.
Once bit with the jeep bug it is terminal but you can live long life with the disease by feeding it jeeps and jeep parts.

Horn
the sight glass looks like a cool thing, how is it working out for you??:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom