Body Wiper arms.

Body Wiper arms.

Vikingone

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
85' CJ7, 4.2 Liter, swapped in T18
Doing some paint work and trying to figure out how the wiper arms come apart. Any guidance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they do come apart unless you are asking how to take them off the pivots. I know mine are built in such a way (riveted, etc.) That I can't take them apart.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Scout is right, they don't come apart but come off of the pivot. The pivot and wiper are splined. The wiper the female the pivot the male. They are held together by tension. The tension is supplied by the wiper arms pressure on the windshield. It kind of makes the wiper a little tilted on the pivot and stay on. If you haven't figured it out by now, Lift up on the wiper side of the arm and try to straighten the pivot end and pull. comes right off,. Hope someone else can explain it lot better. :D

More...Sometimes a large screw driver or pry bar on the underside of the wiper at the pivot end will help it to slide off the splines.,.

IIRC, there is a little tab on the spline end that you can depress with a small bladed screwdriver to get them off the pivot

IIRC, there is a little tab on the spline end that you can depress with a small bladed screwdriver to get them off the pivot

You recall correctly. Some wiper arms have them, some don't. With that little tab depressed, they usually pull right off by hand unless they're rusted on.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks