World Class T4 or T5

World Class T4 or T5

Zuni

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7, 03 WJ
At one time WC T4 and T5 transmissions were availble as replacements for the non WC T4 and T5 that came in the CJ from '83 thru '86. I can't find those on the internet anymore, does anyone know if they're still available? My T4 is still doing fine with a 121000 miles but someday I'll need to replace it. I was hoping for a WC T4 or T5 but may need to start looking for a T176 instead.

I have the T5 and like you it is working great. However, I keep my eyes open and came across a t18 which I have put a rebuild kit into and wrapped it up. I am slowly collecting the adapters and such so when I have them all I can swap for the lower geared heavy duty transmission. When the T5 or the clutch does finally give up I plan on installing the T18.

Yeah, I need to be open minded about this. There are many options to go with. I guess my biggest thing is that what ever I choose I want it to be an easy swap. I'm not looking to do any major mods in order to get a stronger trans.

Just wheel what you have, do some research and keep your eye's open for some deals. I got mine from a ford pick up for $500 including the pick up. Turn around and sold the pick up for $400 without the transmission and all is well.

Keep in mind as well that you need to be able to find rebuild parts and seals so if you get to exotic that good be a problem. Sounds like you know where your going and if your like me you enjoy the journy.

Happy wheeling.

At one time WC T4 and T5 transmissions were availble as replacements for the non WC T4 and T5 that came in the CJ from '83 thru '86.

Only place I could find on the internet that (once) offered them: Jeep T5 5 Speed Transmission Page

Otherwise, if you get tired of the T4/T5 think about an AX-15 or the various NP35xx swaps for an O/D 5spd.

Simplest 4spd would be to go with a T176, which is a much strudier transmission than the T4/T5.

Moving to the heavy duty T18/T19, or NP435 is basically going to a 3spd transmission for street use. They are pretty much bullet proof gear boxes. Both will need adapters to work with the Dana 300 T-case.

Only place I could find on the internet that (once) offered them: Jeep T5 5 Speed Transmission Page

Otherwise, if you get tired of the T4/T5 think about an AX-15 or the various NP35xx swaps for an O/D 5spd.

Simplest 4spd would be to go with a T176, which is a much strudier transmission than the T4/T5.

Moving to the heavy duty T18/T19, or NP435 is basically going to a 3spd transmission for street use. They are pretty much bullet proof gear boxes. Both will need adapters to work with the Dana 300 T-case.

I found them as well. It says no longer available, but does have a phone number. I'll give them a call. The reason I wanted to stay with the T4/T5 was because I wouldn't have to worry about adapters, shifter, floor pan, etc. I'll probably end up with a T176 if I can get the whole package.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks