Wrangler I4 to I6 to Now 350 Swap

Wrangler I4 to I6 to Now 350 Swap

wrangler rider

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
95 wrangler with 88 4.2 carbed with puguetoe(?) 5spd both fresh rebuilds, spring over, 3inch body, spring arched 2 inches and stiffened, 10 inches of total lift on 36inch tsls 8k mile marker winch, ect.
1969 dodge charger rt se 440, 727 torqueflite 3.55 suregrip with 8 3/4 axle, everyone is making her a headache for me but i love her 1000xs more then my jeep
2005 dodge 3500 cummins 6speed dually work truck, not mine
I have a jeep wrangler thet had a I4 5sped that I blew up, So I bought a cheerokkee stole the drivetrain, dropped it in, and now before I get it done, were ripping it out and putting in a Chevy 350. We had fun and took forever with the I6 swap so were going to burn through the 350 swap and hit the mud before summer's half over.

I bought the motor a few days ago for $250 and now I need a transmition, which I have $160 for. Whats a good tranny to go with? 700r4, turbo 300 or 400? i cant do much until I have the tranny because we need to to figure out where to mount the motor.

Anything to watch out for with the little project?
And Hey I havent been here in a while, hows everybody doing?

$160 total. Hmm, the turbo 350 would be the cheepest and still hold up to what you want to do but the question is what Transfer Case will you use since GM used passenger side drop front ends and your wrangler is a driver side drop. You may need more money.

Were going to have fun with that and cut/sleeve/bolt/weld the out put shaft to match a jeep Transfer Case and make a custom plate between the Transfer Case and tranny, but the 700r4 I belive has the same splines as a jeep, 27 spline i believe

:popcorn:

$160 total. Hmm, the turbo 350 would be the cheepest and still hold up to what you want to do but the question is what Transfer Case will you use since GM used passenger side drop front ends and your wrangler is a driver side drop. You may need more money.

I asked and checked, thats not correct, ford, chevy and chrysler all have drivers side drop transfercases

I asked and checked, thats not correct, ford, chevy and chrysler all have drivers side drop transfercases

NO. Ford is drivers side, older dodges and chevys are pass. side.
The new dodges are drivers side.

That is a bow tie on the front.

I was under a 1989 chevy today the Transfer Case was on the drivers side
and people do 350s in jeeps alot, what do you supose they do?

now i just need to figure out how todo it with out that $500 adapter plate

I was under a 1989 chevy today the Transfer Case was on the drivers side
and people do 350s in jeeps alot, what do you supose they do?

My 350 is adapted using a chevy bellhousing to an adapter plate mated to my Jeep T-18 . I have a clutch that is amixture of chevy pressure plate and ford friction disk. I have heard of old schoolers from the 60's and 70's who made their own bellhousing adapter plates since that typ of thing did not exist back then.

thanks I would do that but i dont want me jeeps tranny anymore
I think I'm going to get the 350 and Transfer Case for the junk yard for $170 and get the $65 rebuild kit when the projects done

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom