15" wheels on a 2000 WJ

15" wheels on a 2000 WJ

crust

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'76/'79 CJ5, '00 cherokee, '94 YJ, '98 altima
Will they fit? Was this an OEM fitment? I am looking at getting some new winter tires for the Grand Cherokee. We get a bit of snow and I want to get tires that will make it safely down the road when they can't plow. I have found a ton of wheels on craigslist but all are 15". It also seems that 15s are less expensive than 16s.

Will they fit? Was this an OEM fitment? I am looking at getting some new winter tires for the Grand Cherokee. We get a bit of snow and I want to get tires that will make it safely down the road when they can't plow. I have found a ton of wheels on craigslist but all are 15". It also seems that 15s are less expensive than 16s.
I believe that your biggest problem is getting a wheel that will fit over the calipers. I had a friend with a WJ put 15's on and it looked weird because he had to space out the wheel. Most 15's have about 6 inches or so of backspacing and if I remeber correctly - to clear the brakes you only can have about 4" on a 15.

If it's just for winter driving - I would probably say - what the heck. It really depends on the wheel and if you are comfortable with running spacers (if you need them).

As for the tire, he put 31x10.5 on and they rubbed just slightly. I would say a 30" would work without any bumper trimming easily as long as it was a tall ratio tire.

Sounds like he was running a 10" wide wheel. I will only be using 8" wide which is should have only about 4" BS. So my other question is did jeep switch to a 5x5.5" bolt pattern in the last few years?

Sounds like he was running a 10" wide wheel. I will only be using 8" wide which is should have only about 4" BS. So my other question is did jeep switch to a 5x5.5" bolt pattern in the last few years?
Crust - I honestly can't tell you about the 5x5.5 pattern - I probably can find out though... I'll look.

As for the wheels, it took me a bit but my friend just got back with me and they were 10". As you said, you shouldn't have a problem.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom