Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep CJ-7
4 speed, 258ci.
Pretty much stock.
Bought from the OG owner 100k miles
32X11.50-15 BFG ATs.
1966 Vw Beetle "Cal look"(o\!/o)
1963 logoed panel VW
2004 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner DC (Daily Driver)
I have an 84 cj and I want to put at least 33s on it. I was going to do a 1 1/2 " shackle lift with a 2" body lift. Now I am thinking a spring over lift or pony up for the 2.5 or 4" spring lift and maybe a 1" body???? What are the pros and cons of each type? I just want to do this one time and be happy with my choice. Thanks, MB.
Ps will be used onroad mostly.

I have an 84 cj and I want to put at least 33s on it. I was going to do a 1 1/2 " shackle lift with a 2" body lift. Now I am thinking a spring over lift or pony up for the 2.5 or 4" spring lift and maybe a 1" body???? What are the pros and cons of each type? I just want to do this one time and be happy with my choice. Thanks, MB.
Ps will be used onroad mostly.

IMHO
forget the shackle and body lift. Bad idea.
a soa done the right (safe) way will cost as much or more as a sua kit.
a good quality 4" lift sua will look good with 33's.
going 35's opens another can of worms.

IMHO
forget the shackle and body lift. Bad idea.
a soa done the right (safe) way will cost as much or more as a sua kit.
a good quality 4" lift sua will look good with 33's.
going 35's opens another can of worms.

Usually another thing with a SOA done the right way your looking at about 5 inches of lift and with 35s you usually have to regear. Honestly just take a look at Old Dogs pictures and that will put alot more in perspective because hes running a 4 inch SUA with a 350 chevy in it and he crawls over EVERYTHNIG.

Usually another thing with a SOA done the right way your looking at about 5 inches of lift and with 35s you usually have to regear. Honestly just take a look at Old Dogs pictures and that will put alot more in perspective because hes running a 4 inch SUA with a 350 chevy in it and he crawls over EVERYTHNIG.
Well I've seen a couple of his pics and I'm not sure that's "crawling".:D

If you're considering a SOA kit this is by far the best one I have found, Spring over axle lift for Jeep CJ 5, CJ 6, CJ 7, CJ 8, Scrambler had it on my 69 CJ5 worked wonderful and fit 33's with room to spare. I am currently run a 2.5" RC spring kit and 1" body and fit 36's with a bit of trimming on my 85 CJ7. Both options if done correctly are great!

I have a 85 cj7 with a 4 inch spring lift and fit 35's just fine! i am going to be puting a 1 inch body lift and some new GEN RIGHT fenders then i will be able to fit some 36 12.5 15 tsl's!! with a 4inch lift 33's are easy to roll! :D

I think I am going to go with a 4" spring lift. seems that willl come with everything and involve the least amount of mods.

Anyone agree?

If you have not decided yet I did 2.5 springs and am putting on a set of 3/8 shackles just to switch to some heavier duty ones... I wouldnt go any bigger on shackles or lift than that. That lift combo was cheap and did not cause any problems. Looks great with 33's... just my opinion, here is mine with 33's

If I forgot to mention thats before shackles and the new not worn poly body mounts going on so should see 1/2 to 1" more in the end. just seems like 4 inches and drop pitman arms and all is overkill for 33's

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks