Rockhpr

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
87 Jeep XTC
mostly cj
part xj
part tj
Wondering what bump stop options people have used. I have a 86 CJ7 with 4" of lift. I need to add longer bump stops and trying to decide what options I have. I mostly do rock crawling in Moab low speed. Dont know if I want to go to hydraulic or not. I am willing to spend the money if I should. Also wondering about mounting options. I have the ability to weld them onto the frame or drill and tap new bolt holes.
Thanks in advance.

Suspension Bump Stops
If you lift the body a bit you can avoid some of the rubbing while keeping the center of gravity lower than a large spring lift. My 35s do rub on the trails but are not getting torn up. The front end is set so when I turn hard and the tires will rub on the springs but are not getting damaged.
Rubbing is fine Damage is not.

Resurrecting this thread.

I recently put OME springs, 5" shackles, and 33s on my 84 CJ7 (a little over 3" lift from the previous stock setup). No body lift.

I took it out for some rocky but tame wheeling and got a lot of rubbing on the rear. Parked a back tire on a rock in a way that I was maybe a 1/2 inch shy of rubbing. Measured it and there is 7" between the frame and top of axle. That feels like a lot of extension for a bump stop, especially given my relatively mild lift.

First, am I doing something wrong? Short of a body lift, is there any way to reduce the amount of extension I need?

Assuming the answer to my first question is "no", how/where do I go to get a 7" bumpstop? Teamrush, I like your idea of using rubber tubes. Can you point me to what, specifically, you are using?
Are you running stock wheels or aftermarket with offset/spacers?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks