Carb Bracket (Holley-Lokar-Stock accelerator Cable)

Carb Bracket (Holley-Lokar-Stock accelerator Cable)

Rollbar

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'84 CJ8; AMC360 w/Holley 600 CFM mechanical secondaries; TF-999 Auto; D-300; D-30F/D-44R, '86 CJ7; 258; T-176; D-30F/D-44R; '80 CJ7 304 Stock; '74 CJ5 304 Stock;
I have this set up and need to adapt the stock accelerator cable. I found this pic and I'm needing the square part of the bracket, if not, then I will have to buy the Lokar cable for the accelerator.

My set up, see the small hole. That is where the accelerator cable goes.

100_2215.sized.jpg

100_2949.sized.jpg

100_2950.sized.jpg

Here is the pic I found. I don't know if it is mix/matched or what.

I talked to Summit and Lokar and both of them do not have one.

transcable_5.jpg

transcable_4.jpg

Again, I'm needing the square section if possible, if not then I will go the total Lokar set up like this one:

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

Thanks,
Jim

P.S. This is the one I bought, notice the square end clips that pop in the MFG holes.

5357931.jpg

I talked to Summit and Lokar and both of them do not have one.

I did a quick search on summit, key words throttle cable bracket, and came up with 160 results, a lot of them that look like the correct square retainer that you need.

Throttle Cable Brackets - SummitRacing.com

Me personnally, I canablized my stock throttle cable bracket for that perticular square end, and homade myself a new bracket. I know it's not real easy to see, but behind the carb is my homemade bracket still being held together with visegrips at the time.

Thank you. I talked to Bob from Summit and he said :confused: :eek:

I did send him the pictures of the bracket but he couldn't find one.

I'll look a little closer, thank you again,
Jim

Got to love "cutomer service representatives" :rolleyes:

I just installed a LOCAR throttle cable on mine. I just ran it thru the square hole in the factory bracket with a pair of washers on either side to capture the threaded part. I'll run out and get a pic today for ya.

EDIT: I looked over your pics again and realized you have a auto transmission, so my pic won't help ya none.

Last edited:
Heres how I went about mine. I mocked up my bracket using cardboard first.

weberfixkit.jpg

Then I added this simple bracket for the return spring.

Mc2100setup.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks