Engine FUEL LINE sucking air

Engine FUEL LINE sucking air

DHugg

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'80 CJ7 304AMC crate with 8KMiles: MC2100 - AMC20 rear w/Superiors - Dana30 front - TF999 - Dana300TC - 35x12.5's - Tilt steer column - Flaming Rvr EZ-Steer Shaft - AGR Super Pump - AGR Super Box II - RockyRidge HD Brace - New home-designed digital TEMP - GAS - OILPR - CALIBRATE gauges.
Over a 48Hour no-run period (I know.... I should drive the CJ7 every day because it is so much fun, but I'm old) my 304 fuel line drains dry and it takes forever to crank the engine until it fires. I'm running a new MC2100 and once she gets warmed it runs great.

Anyone know any fuel line air leak trouble-shoot besides tracing down each connection and resealing each?

Attachments

• Jeep @ Maletto Bayou.jpg
    Jeep @ Maletto Bayou.jpg
    903.7 KB · Views: 10
Is the fuel filter return line at the 12 o'clock position?

you said it was a new 2100. NEW doesn't necessarily always spell Good. there is a chance that you have a leak in the carb or mounting plate allowing the fuel to run out or evaporate. since its the new part i would start with the carburetor.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I needed a starting place, and the poly fuel tank end didn't seem to be a good choice.

i have a problem with one of my 2100s where the float bowl will drain over time then the float will get stuck closed

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks