New (old) wheels and new tires!

New (old) wheels and new tires!

elwood blues

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7 4.2L Comp Cam & valve train, MC2100 carb, MSD ignition, Dana 30 front, T18 trans, Dana 20 txfr, AMC 20 rear.
20230306_181430.jpg

This has been 10+ years in the making. When I lived in Williamsburg VA, around 10 years ago, I drove all the way to a suburb of DC because some guy posted some AMC wheels on Craigslist. He wanted $300 for 6 of them. Why he had 6 I never asked. He said they were from a 70s Wagoneer, but I've never been able to prove that. I ended up paying $200 for all of them, then kind of forgot about them. We moved, twice. And my wife asked if we were going to move them again, or if I was actually going to do anything with them 🙃.

About 3 years ago, I finally got around to finding a blaster/powdercoater and took all 6 of them. We picked this gold color and he did his thing. Well, then I went on 2 more deployments, then decided to retire from the military, and move to PA... Last week I finally pulled the trigger on tires.

Yesterday I got them on the CJ, which is kind of a P.I.TA. the wheels are set up for mag style lugs, in hindsight I should've had them milled for acorns, but, too late now. Took it out, scrubbed the blue gunk off the letters and snapped a pic.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Somehow I missed this. Looks pretty good. I like the "Turbine" style wheels. Totally changes the look. When you getting rid of that tube bumper?:poke:

Somehow I missed this. Looks pretty good. I like the "Turbine" style wheels. Totally changes the look. When you getting rid of that tube bumper?:poke:

:rofl: No time soon. But now that you say that, I could definitely go for an upgraded front and rear bumper...

That tube bumper belongs on that CJ…… similar vintage and such 😉

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom