Admin
Media
Resources
Solutions
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Just picked up some breakfast from the local eatery...

The bill was $5.76. I handed him $11.01 and you would have thought time had come to a halt! :)

'But your total is only $5.76!'

'Yes, please take it out of the $11.01 I gave you.'

'Exactly, I give you three items and I get back two! I don't have to deal with more change rattling around in my pocket - you owe me $5.25'

'Sure, whatever'

A little fumbling on the register and...

'Wow, you were right!'

I weep for our next generations... :(

The bill was $5.76. I handed him $11.01 and you would have thought time had come to a halt! :)

'Exactly, I give you three items and I get back two! I don't have to deal with more change rattling around in my pocket - you owe me $5.25'

'Sure, whatever'

'Wow, you were right!'

I know, I know
we were taught to do math in our heads in school. pocket Calculators came out when I was in High school but we were not allowed to use them during test. My children used them during test, WTF? Any way I can do it quicker in my head than most guys pounding on a calculator.
Also we were taught to count change, 5.76 ,6.01, 11.01. now days the monitor at the grocery store the clerk looks at, not the one you look at, will show them how many quarters, dimes, nickles, and pennies to give, plus how many of each bill. It is done to cut losses, but it also kills the need for the clerk to do math in his head and steals part of his intelligence.

I've gotten to where I just give them a $10 and just give the boy (my son) the change for his piggy bank. I also don't even alter an order at a resturant, as we know it requires to much brain power to remove a pickle from a cheeseburger.

'Sure, whatever'

'Wow, you were right!'

It's like the "Jay Leno"segment "Jay Walking", who there were so many young & dumb in this country. No wonder Obama was elected!:eek:

I once found myself adding 3 and 5 on a calculator, I got out of my truck and threw the damned thing as far as I could and now the only time I use a calculator is doing scientific calculations.
Mom taught me to make change when I was about 8 or 9, it's a no brainer . The education is not there, they are sharp enough to learn it but no one puts any emphasis on it.
Teach your children! If the power goes off we are all in a world of :dung:.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom