1956 Corvette.... right? DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SPELL SCAM?

1956 Corvette.... right? DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SPELL SCAM?

frhrwa

Jeeper
Thanks
Pacific (NorthEast) Washington and Las Vegas 1/2 y
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7 (just bought it, so I have to do some work and see what it has in it.. other than 4.2L Auto.. 4" lift, 33" tires... my '75 had a 304 2" Burbank supspension, warn winch, full cage, all the goodies, the '79 had a 401 turbo charged hi-po with t98 or 18, which ever one had the granny low first gear (never can remember which).. had all the items needed to 4wheel, none of the show and go poopie.. I don't believe "chrome will get you home"! I'm also not one to go out to see if I can tear up my jeep, I go where I must, usually with a group that I hung with.. Used to be part owner in Diablo Off Road Center in Concord California.. Jack Essex owned Diablo 4WD, George Clause was Mr. Base CAmp, and mine was "Sounds Etc" all under one big roof "the Diablo Off Road Center"..
Hi Wayne,

Here is the VIN : E56S003900 and here are the pics of the car :
http://www.use.com/ce43a2058e536674f0e1

(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window).
I would like to call you,i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone calls are restricted.Because of my job I can't meet anyone to show the car. I had pre-arranged the deal with Google Checkout so my presence is not necessary , the car is in their possession ready to be delivered. Google Checkout will handle this transaction for me. The car is insured in case of damage and it takes 7 days to be delivered at your door. It will come with all the necessary paperwork (clear title, bill of sale, user's manual,insurance etc). You will receive all the original documents and keys with the car. I signed all the paperwork and the clear title is ready to be transferred to the new owner.

Please get back to me with your full name, full address so i can forward your details to Google Checkout in order for you to receive the invoice regarding the terms and conditions of this transaction.

Thank you,
Barbara

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sat, Jan 26, 2013 8:41 am
Subject: RE: corvette

I am interested, would like to come see it tho.. where is it located? I have the cash, no problem, but would like to take a gander at it first.. thanks.. wayne

Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2013 5:12 AM
To:

Subject: Re: corvette

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for being interested in buying my 1956 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible. It is in a good condition, no scratches, no damages, never been implicated in any accidents, no problems at the engine, runs very well. It has an 8 Cylinder 265ci engine, 9,790miles, Manual, clear title, a perfect car. The price is not negotiable , $14,500.00 . The only reason I am selling it, because I divorced my husband and after the divorce I own this car, now as a woman I don`t need it...

I can provide vin # to check on your own.Just let me know if you are still interested.

Thank you,
Barbara Rodiuss

Phone calls are restricted but emails aren't? Yeah...right. Send the money...cars in the mail. :cool:I would hit her with "hey I am a marine engineer too! Where did you get your degree? Maybe we know some of the same people.

Phone calls are restricted but emails aren't? Yeah...right. Send the money...cars in the mail. :cool:I would hit her with "hey I am a marine engineer too! Where did you get your degree? Maybe we know some of the same people.
that's good, I should have done that.. ha.. where do these people come from?..

Well, not from the US...look at some of the language. "never been implicated in any accidents." Not a term we use here but they do in Europe and Africa. No problems "at" the engine. We say no problems "with" the engine. What US women would say "now as a women I don't need it." They would say, "I don't want his toy" or "I don't want anything of his" etc.

You wouldn't believe how many people may fall for it though...if it sounds too good to be true...

Well, not from the US...look at some of the language. "never been implicated in any accidents." Not a term we use here but they do in Europe and Africa. No problems "at" the engine. We say no problems "with" the engine. What US women would say "now as a women I don't need it." They would say, "I don't want his toy" or "I don't want anything of his" etc.

You wouldn't believe how many people may fall for it though...if it sounds too good to be true...
yep, way too good to be true.. so, I copied all the header info and sent it to the FBI Phishing support group, also to the newspaper where the ad was..

yep, way too good to be true.. so, I copied all the header info and sent it to the FBI Phishing support group, also to the newspaper where the ad was..

I was always told to do unto others. Wish that was the way others were brought up....

Thanks for getting it turned in :notworthy:, just hope they can do something about it!

Such skepticism. That's a great price! I want dibs if y'all aren't interested;)

Last edited:
This scam's been around for a while, it seems. Nearly 1600 hits on google for a slightly adjusted text search.

search-results.jpg

-Jon

I actually had one of these scams when I was jeep shopping. When I asked him to see the car it magically was "moved" by his brother from Dallas to Indiana. I reported that to the FBI as well.

I ran across one of these scams about a year ago when I was looking for a CJ7. Had lots of pics, the price was more realistic, and they said that they were in the military. I could look at the vehicle at the shipping organization on base. I called them and they said that they have gotten a hundred calls for it, but it’s a big scam. They didn’t even ship something like that.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks