1976 CJ-7 emissions?

1976 CJ-7 emissions?

Kirk211

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ-7 hardtop
I'm nearing the end of my build and I want to pass emissions and register my jeep as a daily driver.
I live in PA and I would like to know if I need more emissions parts or if I have them all. I have a 1987 Chevy 350 in it now if that matters.
The parts I have are vapor canister (charcoal box), dual catalytic converters, egr valve. Is this all of the original equipment?
I'd love to hear any other PA residents' experiences!
Thanks!

Quote from the PA DMV site "Brand-new vehicles and vehicles driven under 5000 miles annually may qualify for an exemption sticker. Ask your service provider for more details."

Maybe you can qualify and not worry about it.

Quote from the PA DMV site "Brand-new vehicles and vehicles driven under 5000 miles annually may qualify for an exemption sticker. Ask your service provider for more details."

Maybe you can qualify and not worry about it.

Looks like you could register it as an antique, provided "the man" doesn't have too close an eye on you. I drive around here in MD on Antique VA plates, no problem. $50 1 time fee, permanent. Got a friend in VA?:cool:

Living in pa myself i think there are some counties that don't require an emmisions inspection, mine (luzerne) does. I have a beater truck that i qualified for an emmisions exempt sticker because i drove it for less than 5000 miles. I will be following this thread because i will be in the same boat as you soon on my 78 CJ5.

Here's an update. A local mechanic had the huge *** 2" thick emissions manual.
All 1976's had charcoal canister (aka vapor box), EGR valve, PCV valve, air cleaner on the carb. None had catalytic converters.
I6 and v8 had an air pump, 4 cylinders did not.
I'll try to post a picture of the requirements in case anyone else is trying to have a street legal daily driver.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks