1976 CJ5 Heater blower (motor)

1976 CJ5 Heater blower (motor)

aceves6

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 Jeep CJ5, 232...all I know thus far.
Hello folks, I have searched hi and low, but not really found what I am looking for. I have the blower that is on the inside of the Dash not the firewall.

Is there a direct replacement/bolt on motor for my Jeep? Once that will spin in the right direction and fit without mods? Thank you.

the motor is not hard to find, check Morris or 4X4 parts. the problem is , it is a one speed motor. kind of a PITA but it will work. there is the possibility of using a rheostat switch or a resistor with the two speed switch you have.:D

the motor is not hard to find, check Morris or 4X4 parts. the problem is , it is a one speed motor. kind of a PITA but it will work. there is the possibility of using a rheostat switch or a resistor with the two speed switch you have.:D
Already looked.

I just did this the other day... plenty of motors out there... 1 speed though like was mentioned above.

Craig

Thanks

is there an upgrade for this fan? like the blazer blower motor?

unfortunately no. The blazer motor turns in the wrong direction. This could be overcome with some creative wiring, running the ground through the switch but I have yet to hear of anyone doing it.:cool:

is there an upgrade for this fan? like the blazer blower motor?

According to the electrical schematics I printed off for my 76 CJ5 , the blower motor is two speeds. There should be three wires coming out, red, orange, and ground (black). Mine iis this way also. Sorry I can't help you with a source, mine worked once it was wired correctly and adequately grounded.

Maybe the 75 was 1 speed?

EDIT: I just folowed the links posted by IO, both say that they are 2 speed. I think that those are generic pictures though because they look different than I remember, and appear to be short by one wire.

Last edited:
both are blowing smoke up your pants leg. I ordered from both and sent them back. I ended up cleaning the mud daubers out of my motor and it is working for the moment. I think I can find a motor at a local motor shop when it becomes a real problem and it will turn the right way and have the speeds and power I want. I will of course be asked to pay an ungodly amount of money for it.
and there is always the option of having the old one re wound, also a rather expensive option.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom