1979 jeep tranfer case

1979 jeep tranfer case

WOODY J

Jeeper
Thanks
I just purchased a 1979 CJ7 with a 304 engine and looks to be a chevy 400 transmission the transfer case is missing. I very much need to know what transfer case I need. I've been told that the Dana 20 will work and I have also been told it would not work on auto transmission can someone please help me?:chug:

Hello WOODY J! Welcome to our site! :chug:

If I'm not mistaken, the transfer case you need is a QuadraTrac. I believe it was the only mated to a auto in 79.

Some of our later model CJ experts will chime in soon... :)

From Novak adapters:
The TH400 and Jeeps have quite a history together. This list is of the Jeep powertrains that had this excellent transmission. The TH400 came in 2wd or 4wd Jeeps, coupled either to the popular Model 20 transfer case or the Quadra-Trac, the latter being an option from 1973 to 1979. The early versions had factory block adapters. Later AMC versions had their own case with no adapter.

A factory Jeep design of the TH400 adapter to the Dana 20 transfer case. OEM adapters are highly prone to breakage. Novak offers a strengthened reproduction of this adapter (#8624113) to replace these broken units, in addition to our superior dual-bearing design #124 adapter kit.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks