1986 cj7 258

1986 cj7 258

greg7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 jeep cj7 258.
need help. Having carburator problems. want to change carb, need to remove all pollution controls, don't know whats involved in this. If anone has done this please help thanks .

I have an 85 w/AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l I-6, and I put on a weber 32/34 and was able to clear out almost all of the vac hoses and air intake hoses. Also already done the nutter bypass. The Weber was a steal of a deal for me, otherwise I prob. would have went with a Motorcraft 2100. Still working on fine tuning the carb for max performance. Anyway easy to get rid of emissions once you kill the carter BBD.

Go to the wire bundle coming out of the firewall from the computer and trace them down to where they go clip them off rewrap the harness and that alone gets rid of half of your wire harness...the only vacum hoses you need is the PCV, crank case breather, and distro advance the rest is not needed :chug: its not to hard really

I just upgraded to a webber on mine great carb no emitions changed the distributer to a GM and un nutered mine as well $300.00 upgrade 2Hrs work satisfaction priceless.WEBBER!!!!

I just upgraded to a webber on mine great carb no emitions changed the distributer to a GM and un nutered mine as well $300.00 upgrade 2Hrs work satisfaction priceless.WEBBER!!!!

Did you have any trouble with that Weber needing adjustment? Mine just does not run like it should, sputters and no power. just asking.

gert
thanks for the info.do you mean to trace the plug harness,on the back of the carb?

dennis

hey wreck
how do i neuter my 86 to cleane it up,after i install my weber carb.do you recommend the weber w55138,or smaller.also should i getthe electric,or manual choke??.

dennis

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom