232 - 258

232 - 258

climberman

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Cj5
I just learned that our AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l is in reality a AMC 232 i6 I guess thats not good or bad but you need to know what is under your hood. It is my son's jeep we have been working on it for 3 years now and we got the engine from a person that was giving up on his project.

The stamp below the 2 and 3 plugs has and E so it is the later engine. One of my questions is that our engine has a 2 barrel and it looks to me that the AMC 232 i6 only came with a 1 barrel so I am wondering if the 2 barrel was put on after the fact?

Also there is all kinds of emission stuff on the carb and the intake that I have no Idea where anything goes. Where I live there is not any emission inspection. So do I need that stuff or should I get read of it and plug the holes and which ones I need to know things like that or where I can find out.

yep you got a mix and match CJ. I would guess the block/short block got a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l intake and exhaust to replace a dead AMC 304 , Aint this fun!!:D

I put the exhaust and intake on that is what I am trying to find out somethings about it and what about all that emissions stuff and vacuum stuff on the carb

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom