24hrs, 1st casualty

24hrs, 1st casualty

HumboldtCJ

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7 Renegade, 4.2L Straight Six, mostly stock.
So I've had my new baby home for all of 24hrs and the first casualty has occurred. It's something to do with the clutch or Transmission (obviously I'm hoping clutch). Anyways, long story short, a buddy and I go for the first drive in it to see what we could feel/hear/smell/etc. Everything went fine, we got back and pulled into the neighborhood, stopped to talk to a buddy who walked out front and when I went to leave, nothing. Put it in gear, popped the clutch, nothing. Rinse repeat rinse repeat. I was only about 6 houses from mine so we pushed her home and now she sits.

24hrs and it's broken. Luckily, I just smiled and thought to myself of all the years to come with this most beautiful of finds =)

It's a 1986 CJ7 Renegade for those who didn't know yet.

-Humboldt

Stand down! I figured out what was wrong. Transfer Case was slipping out of gear. It was super gunked up under there so I wd40'd it and now I'm back on the road =)

Stand down! I figured out what was wrong. Transfer Case was slipping out of gear. It was super gunked up under there so I wd40'd it and now I'm back on the road =)

Gotta love WD40, that stuff will fix just about anything, and what it wont, 100 mile an hour tape will. :D

Gotta love WD40, that stuff will fix just about anything, and what it wont, 100 mile an hour tape will. :D

Truth! I watched my father fix many a vehicle as a child with duct tape, wd40, and a 2x4. Seriously.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom