258 carb swap and TFI upgrade pics

258 carb swap and TFI upgrade pics

OEM1984CJ7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 258 w/T176
Well as you can tell from the questions I have been asking I finally got it all back together today and man what a difference in performance. Here are some pics of the carb/TFI upgrade so everyone can see the difference in what you can clean out doing these upgrades.

Before:
jeepcarbswap001-1.jpg
jeepcarbswap003-1.jpg
During:
maddiecj007.jpg
After:
jeepcarbswap002.jpg
I also went ahead and added a block heater thingy on the radiator hose as you can see in this pic:

jeepcarbswap004-1.jpg

I did the Ford ignition upgrade and made a custom bracket for the coil as I didn't want it mounted on the fender:
tfiupgrade003.jpg
tfiupgrade004.jpg

Any questions just ask and I will be glad to answer them for you if you want to do these upgrades. It made a Huge difference. I also went ahead and pulled the engine/tranny/t case and replace ALL the seals and gaskets as I had many leaks for many years.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks