4.0 head swap

4.0 head swap

cjballin

Jeeper
Thanks
so i was up in the air for quite a while about going diesel. i still want to, but at the moment, doing this head swap is easier on my wallet. i know california frowns upon it but i really dont care because im registered in alaska. from what i have researched i will get substantial hp and tq gains as well has throttle response and fuel economy. i went to this post and got all of the info i need to start, ordered all the items i need from hesco, summit and autozone, and im looking for a head now. a local junkyard should have the manifolds i nead for cheap as well. in two weeks ill be starting this project with lots of pictures and even more questions.
wish me luck.

I do wish you luck, there are lots of guys here you have done this swap and will help you if you need it.

I would not get my hopes up too high for better fuel mileage.:D

other than that every thing else gets better with the head swap.:cool:

You will love it! :D

holy moly, that is a lot of work. Good luck with it....going to watch this rebuild.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks