429 in CJ-7?

429 in CJ-7?

Out of my mind CJ5

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
74 CJ5
scrap built CJ7
Just wondering if anybody has ever stuck a 429 in a jeep or heard of someone doing that. If so what did it take to get it in and sit level? I found one for cheap so i was just curious. also anybody know a good place to get a rebuild kit for a AMC 304 other than northern?

I've got a 460 sitting in my garage, but I wouldn't even think about putting it in a street legal CJ. Too much hpower, weight and a slew of mounting/space problems come to mind.
However, a 2wd Mud race truck might be in the cards eventually...
That said, I have seen a few Big Blocks in Cjs, even saw a Viper V-10 in a trade mag once.
If the $$$ is there, anything is possible.

Saw one with a Caddy 500 not 2 days ago.
Looked good and sounded great.
It can be done with proper planning.

Too much horsepower? Never. Go on Youtube and find the videos of the 600+HP CJ7 that a guy drag races all these fast cars with and destroys them. Just awesome.

nothing exceeds quite like excess.:cool:

Too much horsepower? Never. Go on Youtube and find the videos of the 600+HP CJ7 that a guy drag races all these fast cars with and destroys them. Just awesome.

can you say twisted, as in the whole jeep would probally twist in half. would have to majorly beef up the frame. but it would be cool :cool:

alright thanks guys i was just wonderin it it could be done and what it would do. I saw one for the same price as any other motor and thought it would be cool

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom