'72 CJ5 gas mileage?

'72 CJ5 gas mileage?

Thumper

Jeeper
Thanks
Well, I just started playing in this thing again. It's old and leaks a little oil from what I believe is the rear main seal(baseball size puddle over night). It's pretty sound, no smoke, oil gauge works but that's all lol. Setup is all stock minus 33's. It's a '72 CJ5 258 4.2/3spd/Dana 20, axles are Dana 30/Dana 44 and what I believe is the lower gears it showed to have which were 4.27 I think, but with the 33's it's low. With the gas gauge not working what should a guesstimated mileage be? I need to guess by where I stand by the gas I put in the tank. I really need to fix the gauge but it'll be a little while.

Mine with 3:73 and 33in tires gets in the 12 range

My 73 with 258ci, 3 speed, 3.73 gears, 30' BFG KM2's and a weber 34/34 gets 13 all city. I still think i can get a few more mpg's out of it going to a Petronix ignitor II, high volt coil and low ohm wires. M

If you don't want to walk home figgure 10 untill you get a feel for it. does the odometer still work??:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$210.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks