78 CJ5 rear seat ideas

78 CJ5 rear seat ideas

Mr Twisty

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ5, inline 6, 3 speed, will list more as I learn
I was wondering if anyone has done a rear seat mod in their 5. I have a vertical tuffy box in the back (all the way against the rear). I obviously don't have enough room for that and a seat so I was thinking about maybe getting some fold up seats from a 80's s-10 extended cab and mounting them to the sides facing each other. Any ideas??

the seat belts may be a bit of a problem.:cool:

I was wondering if anyone has done a rear seat mod in their 5. I have a vertical tuffy box in the back (all the way against the rear). I obviously don't have enough room for that and a seat so I was thinking about maybe getting some fold up seats from a 80's s-10 extended cab and mounting them to the sides facing each other. Any ideas??

the seat belts may be a bit of a problem.:cool:[/QUOTE

you ve got a point my idea would be ether drop the box or no seat maybe try two cj front lowbacks

I want to do one CJ lowback and then use a large ammo can for some storage but no matter what, storage is an issue with a 5. I also thought about mounting a Jerry can out back but modifying it to hold items instead of fuel.

this could work, one seat in the center and a "rocket" can on both sides? Pad them as arm rests.:cool:

I want to do one CJ lowback and then use a large ammo can for some storage but no matter what, storage is an issue with a 5. I also thought about mounting a Jerry can out back but modifying it to hold items instead of fuel.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom