Misc. 85 CJ change master brake cylinder

Misc. 85 CJ change master brake cylinder

sledfisher

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 cj7
thanks for the add, looking for a part number for a brake master cylinder, that has the bleed nipple to use a pressurized bleed can to bleed the brakes. if i add power brakes that master cylinder has a nipple to use the pressure can.85CJs normal brake cylinders do not have the nipple nor can you add it .anybody change thier master brake cylinder

In my '84 when I converted to power brakes, I installed a SW Performance Parts #MC1321H master cylinder and their #PB8531 booster. Very pleased with the pair. I've never seen in person a MC with a built in pressure nipple to bleed the system with. I've used the pressure systems that replace the MC cap with a temporary nipple you connect a pressure can to. These are quite common.

I did find this one that looks just like the one I used, except it has the bleeders on it. eBay Link

But these nipples are bleeders (like on wheel cylinders/calipers) not a place to insert pressure like I interpret your question to mean.

s-l500.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks