'85 Jeep CJ-7 badges, stripes, and collectors plaque.

'85 Jeep CJ-7 badges, stripes, and collectors plaque.

TDPalmer

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ-7 (258, Dana 300 Transfer Case, 3 Speed Auto Transmission.)
I got an '85 Jeep CJ7 . The jeep has "Sport Top" badges on the driver and passenger side. I cannot seem to find a place that offers reproduction Spot Top badges, I was wondering if there is anywhere that does or if I'm going to have to paint them to freshen them up. And what exactly was a "sport top?"

IMG_6661.jpg

Another thing is this jeep had stripes on it when I bought it, I was wondering if these stripes were factory or not. The only pictures I have on hand are old ones of when the engine was out.

IMG_1119.jpg

and lastly, there is a plaque on the side of my Jeep that says "This Collectors Edition end and era that began with the legendary Jeep of World War II" I was wondering if these are reproduced also?

IMG_5481.jpg

thanks for your help :)

The "sport top" badge and the stripes were not a factory offering, though some dealer could have added this at that level. The plaque is from a 1986 model, the last year they made Jeeps. New ones can be gotten at Collins Bros. for $29.95
Jeep Decals Interior

The "sport top" badge and the stripes were not a factory offering, though some dealer could have added this at that level. The plaque is from a 1986 model, the last year they made Jeeps. New ones can be gotten at Collins Bros. for $29.95
Jeep Decals Interior

I was afraid they would be dealer added, I got the part number off of them but I had no results. After looking at Collins Bros, it looks like the stripes are Laredo stripes but with the Laredo lettering removed.

collinsbros_2238_66772792

Yes, they do look similar. Wrong colors though. If your thinking of going that route, try Muscle car decals stripes stencils and custom auto car decal vinyl graphics kits That's where collins bros gets them from so they will be fresher decals and a couple bucks cheaper.

Phoenix Graphix also accepts returns while Collins Brothers does not.

I wrote this a couple years ago about my experience:

http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f7/few-words-decal-stripe-kits-4593/index2.html

This info sounds like it should be added to the Editions thread. Interesting.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom