Members CJs 85 Laredo

Members CJs 85 Laredo
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
None
Hello,

My name is Dave and I'm New to the forums and new to jeeps but not wrenching and building.. A little about me :

I've restored several cars in my time. About three months ago I decided I wanted an older jeep with few electronics to take to my winter house in Cabo San Lucas to be able to play around on the beach and desert in.. The salt air has proven to be a pain on my Cadillac SRX there.. I didn't plan on buying so quick, my plan was to look at 3 or 4 dozen and get a feel for them then pick my project to get ready for Los Cabos.. As fate has it, I ran across one local that's been sitting in storage since 04. Has absolutely no rust on frame or body and appears to me unmolested, except for what appears to be a changed dash as it has a spare with a tach,clock and a black plastic bezel that sits where the speedo goes,which the others I looked at were heavily molested. It was only missing one option that's a must have - AC. Looks like jeepairis in my future.. It's also equipped with factory Mexican security - a manual trans..

I'll be going through it over the next several months to get it ready for the trip from San Diego down the baja to Cabo.. I hope the members here don't get sick of my questions as I go along as I'm new to jeeps and will greatly benefit from your expertise ...

On my short to do list:

Carb replacement - I'm not a carter fan at all so the question is which carb is rock solid for a 258?

Brakes gone through

Top end pulled and checked

New clutch n rear main

All bushings replaced - what's the best bang for the buck in kits?

New dash knobs as these need replaced. I perfer the stock look.

Any other must change on these vehicles?

image_zpsjdltjbfu.jpg

image_zpsatwecdwi.jpg

image_zpsug0wcwdr.jpg

image_zps3m8nxt5k.jpg

image_zpsuhcyj72i.jpg

image_zpszxlrtpex.jpg

image_zpsz0w5gqfm.jpg

image_zpsgsz9ebcn.jpg

image_zpsgoztvamu.jpg

image_zpssurrb1di.jpg

image_zpse6er4ayc.jpg

image_zpsgjosrj3i.jpg

image_zpspptuczsp.jpg

Edited 94 to 04

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks