A few questions about frame painting.

A few questions about frame painting.

coffee

Jeeper
Thanks
I have started a project that was for sale a short time ago. I decided to keep it, but I want to rebuild it correctly, not quickly. I have decided to pull the body off and sand blast the frame? Is this something that can be accomplished with the drivetrain still in or I am I better off stripping that off also? The frame looks to be very solid, so a little bit of elbow grease should get it cleaned off.

Por15 looks to be the commonly used paint for frames. Is it all it's cracked up to be? Is there something better?

i have never used the por15 but i hear its good stuff. the buggy guys i used to talk to always painted their frames with it. they say its really runny and best applied with a brush. not sure how that would work :confused: but thats what they did.

POR 15 is good stuff.

IMO take the frame off the axles. Chances are the spring bushings are shot. You hit the nail on the head - quality not quickly.

POR 15 is good stuff.

IMO take the frame off the axles. Chances are the spring bushings are shot. You hit the nail on the head - quality not quickly.

Thanks for the advice. The suspension is being replaced, so the bushings will not stay anyway. This needs to be accomplished with one person, so I was toying with the idea of trying to recondition the frame while still having it a roller. Once we get the tub pulled, I will have to take a good look at it again.

An engine lift is a good way hang it on the side and to flip it over to do the bottom. :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom