A little help please

A little help please

stevenalex

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'78 CJ5 - 258 cu inline 6, T-18 trans 5 spd,
'10 Wrangler V6
Hello I am back from a long hiatis, have finally got back to fixing up my '78 CJ5 and have come across a few dilemas...first off, I removed everything from the undercarriage, engine, Transmission and tcase, cleaned them up and painted them to help against rust etc. I rebuilt the tcase because it needed some loving, and have reset the engine back into the body. The problem I am having now is the the tcase will not shift at all for me. I am thinking it is probably something I did, but am unsure. I followed the directions believe it or not, but for some reason it will not shift. I am thinking it is the ball bearing in the shift levers, but am unsure as for trouble-shooting. I probably will have to take it apart again, but was wondering if anyone knows anything as far as trouble-shooting this situation.
Next up is the Transmission . Before I took everything out, I drove her around the block and could not get her to go into 3rd or Overdrive . I think it is the linkage but am unsure. Hopefully all will be well shortly.

Hello I am back from a long hiatis, have finally got back to fixing up my '78 CJ5 and have come across a few dilemas...first off, I removed everything from the undercarriage, engine, Transmission and tcase, cleaned them up and painted them to help against rust etc. I rebuilt the tcase because it needed some loving, and have reset the engine back into the body. The problem I am having now is the the tcase will not shift at all for me. I am thinking it is probably something I did, but am unsure. I followed the directions believe it or not, but for some reason it will not shift. I am thinking it is the ball bearing in the shift levers, but am unsure as for trouble-shooting. I probably will have to take it apart again, but was wondering if anyone knows anything as far as trouble-shooting this situation.
Next up is the Transmission . Before I took everything out, I drove her around the block and could not get her to go into 3rd or Overdrive . I think it is the linkage but am unsure. Hopefully all will be well shortly.

Which Transfer Case do you have? I know my Dana 300 can be a pain in the neck to shift with that whacky shifter it has. That's why so many eventually go to a twin stick set-up.

Yeah the twin sticks are nice.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom