A little help please

A little help please

stevenalex

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'78 CJ5 - 258 cu inline 6, T-18 trans 5 spd,
'10 Wrangler V6
Hello I am back from a long hiatis, have finally got back to fixing up my '78 CJ5 and have come across a few dilemas...first off, I removed everything from the undercarriage, engine, trans and tcase, cleaned them up and painted them to help against rust etc. I rebuilt the tcase because it needed some loving, and have reset the engine back into the body. The problem I am having now is the the tcase will not shift at all for me. I am thinking it is probably something I did, but am unsure. I followed the directions believe it or not, but for some reason it will not shift. I am thinking it is the ball bearing in the shift levers, but am unsure as for trouble-shooting. I probably will have to take it apart again, but was wondering if anyone knows anything as far as trouble-shooting this situation.
Next up is the transmission. Before I took everything out, I drove her around the block and could not get her to go into 3rd or Overdrive . I think it is the linkage but am unsure. Hopefully all will be well shortly.

Hello I am back from a long hiatis, have finally got back to fixing up my '78 CJ5 and have come across a few dilemas...first off, I removed everything from the undercarriage, engine, trans and tcase, cleaned them up and painted them to help against rust etc. I rebuilt the tcase because it needed some loving, and have reset the engine back into the body. The problem I am having now is the the tcase will not shift at all for me. I am thinking it is probably something I did, but am unsure. I followed the directions believe it or not, but for some reason it will not shift. I am thinking it is the ball bearing in the shift levers, but am unsure as for trouble-shooting. I probably will have to take it apart again, but was wondering if anyone knows anything as far as trouble-shooting this situation.
Next up is the transmission. Before I took everything out, I drove her around the block and could not get her to go into 3rd or Overdrive . I think it is the linkage but am unsure. Hopefully all will be well shortly.

Which t-case do you have? I know my Dana 300 can be a pain in the neck to shift with that whacky shifter it has. That's why so many eventually go to a twin stick set-up.

Yeah the twin sticks are nice.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks