fcb212003

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7,
Origional Owner,
T4
All stock (for now)
I am currently getting my frame ready to paint. I have just put OSPHO on the frame to prevent rust. I understand what OSPHO does and how to apply, but I am a little unsure of what to do after it dries. Right now I spray it on with a spray bottle,let it dry for at least two days, then use a angle grinder with a wire wheel on it. After I finish with the wire wheel I will clean and prime it. Am I using too much of a tool with the angle grinder. Would I be best to just use some sand paper or does it really matter?

Thanks for the help.
(Please don't tell me to use POR15. I have already decided that I am going to use OSPHO and then prime and paint)

Why does the oshpro have to be removed with a wire wheel? Wouldnt it make sence to leave the coatin gin place?

Why does the oshpro have to be removed with a wire wheel? Wouldnt it make sence to leave the coatin gin place?

There is some white crystal buildup that happens after the OSPHO is sprayed on. Painting over that would be like painting over dirt. It would just chip right off. I was told that using a wire wheel is a good thing to do since it would get all the crystals off, but I feel that I am over doing it a little.

OK, the reason I ask is because with POR 15 they supply a spray on zinc phosphate coating that looks white and dusty but you are supposed to leave it on.

Ospho

Sounds like the grinder may be too much tool.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom