Amc 360

Amc 360

bldams123

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7
I wanted to know the good the bad and the ugly about the amc 360? how hard are they to work on/repair and any info would be great. Ive heard that it hard to find replacement parts for them

Good motor. A lot of motor for a Jeep, unless it's a late model with low compression & a soft camshaft... and even THEN it's quite a lot of motor for a Jeep.

They're easy to work on, and they're lightweight because they're so compact. They're crazy durable. Parts aren't any great problem to get - you just hafta' know where to look 'cause they're not as common as a smallblock.

Personally, I like the AMC V8s quite a lot. They're all durn near identical, after 1969. OK, after 1972 (different flywheel mounting flange). Same basic block, same basic heads, same basic intake, same timing cover, same oil pan. Different bores & strokes.

I wanted to know the good the bad and the ugly about the amc 360? how hard are they to work on/repair and any info would be great. Ive heard that it hard to find replacement parts for them

AMC V8 is a great engine.
Like TD said there's a lot of parts interchangeability.
They're easy to hop-up. They respond well to the usual: mill heads for compression, more Cam, 4 barrel carb & hi-rise aluminum intake, headers & dual exhaust, improved ignition.
I'm a hotrodder, but you don't have to be to enjoy the AMC 3rd gen V8.:D

There's a good book/ DVD: BJ Builds a AMC V8.;)

I'm jumping in the same boat with everyone else. I have a relatively stock 360 in my CJ5 and its got plenty of power to spin the 33s with 4.10s. Good on the trail and good on the highway. All the Amc motor tech you need to know can be found here:

AMC ROCKS! :: Index

I have a 360 in my CJ, I rebuilt it and its not hard at all plenty of power in stock 2bbl trim:chug:

I'm jumping in the same boat with everyone else. I have a relatively stock 360 in my CJ5 and its got plenty of power to spin the 33s with 4.10s. Good on the trail and good on the highway. All the Amc motor tech you need to know can be found here:

AMC ROCKS! :: Index
That should be a sticky:chug:

Heck, if THAT's a sticky, we oughtta' stick this one, too:

The AMC Forum

Yeah you're right. 2:57am with Jack Daniels=I should wait til the next day to post

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom