Another AMC 20 question

Another AMC 20 question

Tommy

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5 258 I6 engine, T18A Transmission, Dana 20 Transfer case, AMC 20 rear end, Dana 30 up front.
I have an AMC20 in my '80 CJ5. By the stamp on it "CC" it is a Trac-Lok with 3:31 gears. My question is, can I put an Aussie Locker straight into it or do I need to install an open differential first? The Trac-Lok is not working and I would rather get something better than rebuild it. Thanks for any info you might have.

Tommy

You really should call the manufacturer on this. I know PowerTrax sells some products for Trac-Lok equiped diffs but I'm not sure about Aussie.

Thanks CJ. I did just that and Aussie only works with open diffs. I will take a look at the PowerTrax and also changing to open diffs. My Trac-Lok is not functioning and I like the specs on the Aussie. I am not in a hurry on this since it already goes everywhere I have taken it. Not sure how strong the Dana 30 is upfront but that might be another way to go. Thanks again.

Tommy

Thanks CJ. I did just that and Aussie only works with open diffs. I will take a look at the PowerTrax and also changing to open diffs. My Trac-Lok is not functioning and I like the specs on the Aussie. I am not in a hurry on this since it already goes everywhere I have taken it. Not sure how strong the Dana 30 is upfront but that might be another way to go. Thanks again.

Tommy

I used the "Powertrax No-Slip Traction System" as it say's on the manual.
I had a brand new D-60 with a factory Trac-Loc, took out the clutches & pop that baby in.
It's been in about 5 yrs. now, I like it.
View attachment 6055

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks