Another Temp sensor

Another Temp sensor

mrdjc99

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 258 I6, 4 speed with OD
Ive been searching for 2 days on different threads and cant seem to find my temp sensor, in the back of the gauge theres a purple wire but i cant find any purple wire pluged in. What i think is the temp sensor on the driver side has a green wire in it. There is an unplugged purple wire on the passenger side but wasnt long enough to reach the plug to try it out so i cut it and made it longer with some 10 gauge wire but nothing seemed to register. can anyone please help me by checking out my pictures and maybe pointing out where it seems to be located. I can tell the wires have been hacked and almost everything rewire so any help would be great to have thanks!

1985 CJ7 I6

Wow. Your pictures of the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l remind me why I love my V8 from the '70s. The AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l was always such a cluster-junk of hoses, vacuum lines and emission control. On the other hand I had a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l on an earlier CJ I owned. It was a great engine. Lots of torque and they last for ever. I could idle over the roughest terrain.

Oops sorry.
The temp sensor.
I remember it being on the left side of the rear of the engine.
Sensor_Coolant_Temp_2.jpg

Edit: This picture is a newer model 4.0 L. but the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l also has the sensor in the same place.

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom