Anyone ever rebuilt a Borg-Warner Quadra-Trac?

Anyone ever rebuilt a Borg-Warner Quadra-Trac?

spokanecj7

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76 CJ7, 04 Chevy AV, 97 f250 HD
I have the QT Transfer Case and know for a fact that it hasnt been maintained or serviced for a long time. (mostly because I haven't maintained or serviced it) I am planning a rebuild and just got the parts delivered from BJ's offroad. I got lucky though and found a local guy that sold me a QT case for $20...what a bargain. It even has the low range gear setup. So now I can rebuild the spare and do a quick swap out when the time is right.

Ive never pulled one of these apart. Any suggestions or warnings from anyone?

Thanks CJ, Ive seen this page before and it has good info. I was hoping someone had done this first hand and could tell me that is was going to be a piece of cake. Maybe after I get done I will be able to tell everyone else that it was a piece of cake?:rolleyes:

I've had a couple broken down before....been far too many years to remember but I don't recall any real issues with rebuilding them. If I remember correctly, there's a chain drive inside that tends to need replacing. The good news...I can remember all the terribly hard things I've had to fix while the easy ones slip thru my tired old memory banks...since I can't remember, this one must be easy.:cool:

I've had a couple broken down before....been far too many years to remember but I don't recall any real issues with rebuilding them. If I remember correctly, there's a chain drive inside that tends to need replacing. The good news...I can remember all the terribly hard things I've had to fix while the easy ones slip thru my tired old memory banks...since I can't remember, this one must be easy.:cool:

I like "easy". It sounds like it will be pretty straight forward from what I have seen so far. I will give it a shot this weekend and see how it goes. I did get the replacement chain so I should be all set. :rolleyes:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom