Build Thread Barbie has gone to the DARKSIDE

Build Thread Barbie has gone to the DARKSIDE

Thorwon

Active Jeeper
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1966 CJ5 134"F" 3sp with Warn OD
After a few coats of Rustoleum Barbie has gone over to the darkside.
Here is one before pic for those of you who have not seen her.
DSCF1310.jpg

And here is what she looks like now.:)

DSCF1109.jpg
DSCF1107.jpg
DSCF1108.jpg
DSCF1111.jpg

While the paint job is not perfect it looks better to me.:D

You will be putting those totaly trick doors back on ?? right?:laugh:

The pink was cute and all, but the black looks much better not-tagged-smiley-10203.png

(deep breathy voice) "Luke... I am your... FATHER."

:)

i guess so. :D
Next comes the bed liner in the interior.:chug:
Then seats.

I think I'll upgrade to some marine plywood.:laugh:
from OSB to marine plywood would be like Rusty sheet steel to stainless steel.:D
A fashion statement, to be sure.

from OSB to marine plywood would be like Rusty sheet steel to stainless steel.:D
A fashion statement, to be sure.
You guys laugh about the wood, but there used to be a Jeep around here that had 2x6 lumber bumpers. It actually looked kinda good (I am ashamed to say). Nice job on the paint, though... The matte finish looks great. Daisy Duke to Cooter in one day!

Thorwon how much paint did you have to use to cover up the jeep. i just found out the color that i want for my jeep is 175 a quart! fml

Oh My! And you admit to driving it before? Much better now. I bet the cops sure knew who owned before to new paint. They probably choked on their donut. Did you ever sell makeup?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

They probably choked on their donut.

the cops probably followed it around thinking it was a donut. All it needed was giant jimmies. It does look much better now. I'd like to know, too, how many cans of paint it took. My CJ needs paint desperately, and a black or blue satin is looking pretty tempting right about now... I'm actually tempted to do that $98 boat paint roll-on, but you never know...

Thorwon how much paint did you have to use to cover up the jeep. i just found out the color that i want for my jeep is 175 a quart! fml

I used 1 QT of Rustoleum semigloss paint thinned it about 1/4 thinner to 3/4 paint. I sprayed 4 very light coats so it would dry quickly. I was surprised at the results. It's not a pro job but it looks great for a back yard paint job.:D

Oh My! And you admit to driving it before? Much better now. I bet the cops sure knew who owned before to new paint. They probably choked on their donut. Did you ever sell makeup?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

NO I did NOT drive it like it was.:eek: The guy that traided it to me drove it about 60 miles to get it to my house.

I used 1 QT of Rustoleum semigloss paint thinned it about 1/4 thinner to 3/4 paint. I sprayed 4 very light coats so it would dry quickly. I was surprised at the results. It's not a pro job but it looks great for a back yard paint job.

Looks heaps better ... but I was a little disappointed to hear you used a proper spray gun on it ... I was thinking nothing beats a "Rattle Can Special" :D Very easy to touch up on the trail !! :D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom