Bench seat in the rear of a CJ-8

Bench seat in the rear of a CJ-8
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler.
I've got a CJ8 and have a friend that is going to put in a full length roll cage in for me. It is in KY, I live in SC, and I haven't seen a CJ in weeks to get a measurement out of.

Will a 36" Corbeau bench seat fit between the wheel wells in the back of a CJ8 ? I don't care if there is any extra room between the sides of the seat and the wheel wells, I just want to get it in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scrmblr1982cj8

Here is a quick and dirty way to get a measurement.

Tuffy Products rear cargo security box

SPECIFICATIONS:
Part #046, Color: 01
Exterior Dimensions: 27”L, 35 3/8”W, 16”H. Rear Door Opening: 23 15/16”W x 9 15/16”H
Interior Dimensions: 25 1/4”L, 35 1/4”W, 15 5/8”H

I think you are good. :)

I've got a CJ8 and have a friend that is going to put in a full length roll cage in for me. It is in KY, I live in SC, and I haven't seen a CJ in weeks to get a measurement out of.

Will a 36" Corbeau bench seat fit between the wheel wells in the back of a CJ8 ? I don't care if there is any extra room between the sides of the seat and the wheel wells, I just want to get it in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scrmblr1982cj8

Not sure if you know this , but many Scramblers came from the factory with the classic non folding rear bench seat. It would have holes similar to where the CJ7 seat would be. Many times there are small plugs in the floor that go unseen , under bedliner perhaps. If you wanted to use a factory seat it would be pretty easy.

Just an FYI to give you another option.

I measured 36 and 5/8 inches between the inside of the wheel wells of my CJ8 . I hope that helps. By the way, I have a fold and tumble rear seat in mine.

Dain

Thanks to everyone for their responses! I had thought of a fixed back rear seat, but the folding seat is sounding better the more I think of it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom