Bikini top question

Bikini top question

Nixon

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76 CJ5 258
I'm looking at a couple bikini tops. Does anyone know if a strapless Besttop for 80-86 CJ7 will fit a 76 CJ5 . You see such a random assortment of years for the dif tops. Some say all Cj's some only CJ7 with various dif years. Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure if it will fit, the roll/sport bar is different. The sport bar / roll bar changed mid year of 1979. Mid '79 and back the roll bar is just bolted on the tub, up on the wheel wells. Mid '79 and up they were moved and connected to the bottom of the tub behind the drivers seat. I'm just not positive if they did it with the CJ5 's as well.

'78 CJ7
jeep_pic_savoy.jpg

'83 CJ7

jeep_pic_roland_1.jpg

And this is a '78 CJ5 , I'm just not sure

jeep_pics_Bringhurst_2.jpg

:drool: mmmm strapless bikini tops :drool:

Oh we are taking about Jeep tops, huh? :censored:

:chug:

Thanks Elwood. I think I'll just order the right one instead of cheaping out. This place is great. I love having all these knowledgeable people at my finger tips. Helped me out alot already. Thanks !!!

darn, wrong tops, I was looking for, ah, well you know:chug:

I bought one off a fella from craigslist in a package deal with a honey deluxe carpet and soft half doors. It is the "Strapless kind" that wraps around the top of the roll bar amd mounts to the Windshield. My question is how do I get it to attach to the windshield? Is there a piece I have to order from bestop? I did not see any hardware on Quadratec that seemed like it would work
:confused:

It's the windshield channel that mounts on the front of the windshield in between the top of the glass and the top of the frame. Its a groove the runs the length of the windshield frame.

Look here

It's the windshield channel that mounts on the front of the windshield in between the top of the glass and the top of the frame. Its a groove the runs the length of the windshield frame.

Look here

I hope this helps.

2010-05-01_1259.jpg

berry_thong_bikini_5.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom