Body Mount Bushings

Body Mount Bushings

1moreshot

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ-5 AMC 304 5.0 L 3 speed Dana 30 Front Axle. AMC-20 Rear Axle
Need some advise on how to install these tight bushing I bought from Morris 4X4. They claimed to be for my 76 CJ5 as ordered.
Seems to me that the metal bushing cased in side the rubber is the same diameter of the hole in the frame bracket. I've put some WD4 on it, tried tapping with a rubber mallet. Just want go in.:dunno: Am I doing something wrong or do I just have the wrong parts?

Thanks,

:wtf: Which frame bracket are you working on? they way you are describing your bushing it sounds like the press in type. if we have a little more info we can help :chug:

photo3.jpg

View image in gallery

My frame has 6 of the same size. (3/8" diameter bolts). 2 with 7/16" dia. bolts.) Here is some pics of the ones in front of the gas tank and the ones in line with the seats.

Thanks

Here is the other pic. I really suck at this. Sorry.

My frame has 6 of the same size. (3/8" diameter bolts). 2 with 7/16" dia. bolts.) Here is some pics of the ones in front of the gas tank and the ones in line with the seats.

Thanks

hard to tell in picture but have you tried pulling the metal bushing out and putting the rubber in first and then put in the metal bushing ?

Yes sir. I got a round file and ran it around the hole abit and got it to fit in. I also found out from project 86 that I will need tocut about 1/4" off thr steel pipe that slides in.

glad you got it in and yea they do need cut on most,,the kit I bought was from energy suspension and I made my own metal bushings

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom