Brake booster

Brake booster

lmk3087

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ7 Renegade V8 304
If there is no brake booster, where should the manifold vacuum go? Should I just plug it?

Also, can a brake booster be installed?

If there is no brake booster, where should the manifold vacuum go? Should I just plug it?

Also, can a brake booster be installed?

You can install a brake booster. You will have to change the MC, but it isn't a big job. You'll also have to bleed the brakes. If the fittings on the MC are the same, then it should be just a bolt-on.

What brake booster are you swapping in? One from a cj or yj?

Most people are using YJ MC. I think its 95 that works best due to not having to bend the brake lines since they are on the correct size. I purchased everything on ebay for $75.

Most people are using YJ MC. I think its 95 that works best due to not having to bend the brake lines since they are on the correct size. I purchased everything on ebay for $75.

I just got the impression that the op was wanting to use a cj power brake booster

LMK if you want a CJ7 brake booster I just pulled the stock one from my 82 today......

Just curious... why does it seem like most people put in the YJ booster? Would one from a CJ work as well?

Just curious... why does it seem like most people put in the YJ booster? Would one from a CJ work as well?
The yj booster, although all years except 95 havthe single diaphram, out perform the cj booster. If you are running larger than stock tires often it's hard to stop your cj. I just installed a yj booster and I will be sure to report here as soon as it is road tested(may be a while my engine has the head off).

To answer your question yes a cj booster will work in your rig and definitely will be better than manual linkages.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom