Can you identify this?

Can you identify this?

Nomad127

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'73 CJ5 with '84 258, D30/D44
This is the front grill of my '73. I've asked around and can't find a good answer so I'm turning to CJ experts here. What is the hole just under the driver side turn signal? Horn maybe? You can't see but there two small holes on either side of the larger one. I can't find the same hole in any other picture on the web.

4911d1300678414-can-you-identify-img_1263.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has connectors there, for when the Jeep is flat towed behind another vehicle. The towing vehicle can control and pass through the turn signals and brake lights in my Jeep.

Yeah, agree with 83CJ7.. and it wouldn't be a Jeep if it didn't keep you guessing!

My stock 73 never had a hole there. Neither did my 74 or 75.

Maybe a towing hook up or winch remote control plug-in.

A hand crank.:laugh:

I would say that if you wanted to tap the running and turn lights this would be the place to do it. you would have to go through the fire wall to reach the brakes but this would still be the best place to do it.:cool:

I would say that if you wanted to tap the running and turn lights this would be the place to do it. you would have to go through the fire wall to reach the brakes but this would still be the best place to do it.:cool:
True but I doubt I'll need to and if I do, I'll rig up a more temporary way. I think I'll weld it up since it doesn't have a plate or cover and just looks like something is missing.

the parts store will have a rubber grommet you could plug it with or a christmas tree style plug and you should paint it yellow to match. i wouldnt weld it up because it would be a great spot to run a plug for something in the future. (winch, tow light plug, cigarette lighter, ect)

I was thinking a stainless steal electrical panel plug. A little bling.:D

the parts store will have a rubber grommet you could plug it with or a christmas tree style plug and you should paint it yellow to match. i wouldnt weld it up because it would be a great spot to run a plug for something in the future. (winch, tow light plug, cigarette lighter, ect)

i think they make yellow ducktape :laugh:

keep us posted on what you decide to do man :chug:

Good point. I think I'll leave it as is and find a cover.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom