cannister in engine bay (not charcoal)

cannister in engine bay (not charcoal)

clarythedrill

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ 7
2.5L engine
Hey, still trying to get rid of unnecessary emissions stuff, and I am curious what the cannister located on the passenger side, between the firewall and fender is? it has two electrical connections coming off of it that one ends up on a rubber hose that goes to the carb, and I havent figured out where the other one goes yet. its about 2/3ds the size of the charcoal cannister. would anyone have a complete vehicle parts diagram for an 85 CJ7 with the 2.5 AMC? I have looked online, but havent found a diagram that has that specific item. thanks.

also, if anyone has a picture of what a 2.5 AMC YFA carb looks like completely desmogged, I would be EXTREMELY appreciative for the pic. thanks again.

i also have 2 similar things on my firewall right in the middle. they have wires hooked up to them and a vaccuum line as well. i dont have any idea what they are or do. :confused:

well, i found out its a vacuum cannister, but unsure if i can pull it out without causing more trouble with emissions or not. has anyone removed this, and if so, were there any adverse affects? thanks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom