can't separate head from block on f-head

can't separate head from block on f-head

bubbabreaux

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'53 jeep truck
I'm tearing down an early '50s f-head and can't seem to break the head loose from the block....all bolts removed but nothing! Anyone have any ideas on what i'm overlooking in the removal process?

I'm pretty sure there is a head bolt inside the intake that maybe you missed? If all the head bolts are out then it should come right off.

Thanks Sasquatch! You were dead_on about the bolt inside the intake! There was so much trash in there I didn't see it, Between the poison ivy, wasps, mosquitos and looking out for snakes...I lost my focus I guess. Thanks again!

I was going to suggest a splitting wedge and a 15# sledge, but I guess removing that bolt was easier!:eek:

Thanks Sasquatch! You were dead_on about the bolt inside the intake! There was so much trash in there I didn't see it, Between the poison ivy, wasps, mosquitos and looking out for snakes...I lost my focus I guess. Thanks again!

:chug:. Glad you did'nt go to plan B (post above). :rolleyes:

the wedge and sledge crossed my mind after I broke the first screwdriver.....but when I had the same problem with the second engine, I knew I had to be overlooking something....professional shade-tree mechanic thinking!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom