Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 Jeep Cj5 Renegade
I258 1987 Engine
Aisin Warner Ax15 Transmission
Dana 300 Transfer Case
Hey I have a carter BBD I believe and the chamber on the top towards the front of the vehicle (I believe it would be above the float bowl?) Is flooding out as fast as the pump can pump. Almost right away, WAY too much gas just while idling.

This is happening after I changed from one carter carb to another. Carb with problems was used a couple months ago and worked great. Could the float be stuck causing this? The gas is flooding in from two rectangle tubes on the two sides of the chamber under the first plate in the picture. It takes less than two seconds to flood the entire chamber and then spill out into the center of the carb. Picture is included, Ignore the circle.

Whats going on? Anyone have this problem? Like I said, my best guess is that the float is stuck. . . But I am no carb expert. Any help is greatly appreciated and needed!

the smart money will be on a float needle valve stuck.:cool:

I'll start digging, Thanks!

You can try tapping on the bowl lightly and see if it comes out of it. Does sound like n/s

Hey I have a carter BBD I believe and the chamber on the top towards the front of the vehicle (I believe it would be above the float bowl?) Is flooding out as fast as the pump can pump. Almost right away, WAY too much gas just while idling.

This is happening after I changed from one carter carb to another. Carb with problems was used a couple months ago and worked great. Could the float be stuck causing this? The gas is flooding in from two rectangle tubes on the two sides of the chamber under the first plate in the picture. It takes less than two seconds to flood the entire chamber and then spill out into the center of the carb. Picture is included, Ignore the circle.

Whats going on? Anyone have this problem? Like I said, my best guess is that the float is stuck. . . But I am no carb expert. Any help is greatly appreciated and needed!

I am having the same problem, idles like a champ but once you get it in gear and try to take off , it sputters and wants to die. I took the throttle plunger and needle cover off, the one in your picture and noticed one of the needles was higher than the other.
will check it in the morning. i have been having problems for a while,

Hey IO, you seem like a very knowledgeable man, what do you think about my problem???

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom