Carb Spacer

Carb Spacer

Niedhogg

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 Jeep CJ7 Renegade with 304ci V8, TH400 auto, Quadratrac T-case, Stock 20 and 30 rears with no mods yet, not sure of the gear ratio.. 4" Softride Superlift, w/widetrac shock towers and 35x12.50x15 BFG Mud-Terrains

'76 CJ5, 232 ci, T-150 3-speed, D20 T-case, Corp. 20 rear w/full float axles and lockout hubs and Detroit auto locker, D30 front w/lockout hubs, gear ratio is unknown..
I send my son to town the other day for a 1/2" carb spacer, says he had to order it. I come home tonight, and it's sitting on my chair and, WOW! it's a 2" spacer!:eek:

Pros/Cons? I felt I needed to get the carb off the intake, but I wasn't expecting this...:confused:

A spacer between your carb and intake will help a couple different ways.

1) If it is made of phenolic then it wont transfer engine heat to the carb by way of conduction.

2) Increases intake volume a bit.

But to be honest, I believe a 2 inch spacer is more suited to higher RPM and you might suffer at lower RPM... A 3/4 or 1inch is all I have ever used...

Are you using the stock intake?

i dont think it will be very noticable. its not like its a nascar racing motor. it does give the fuel more area to atomize before it goes in.

It's going between an Edelbrock Performer, and a Holley 470 Truck Avenger. The only real problem I see is going to be my throttle cable coming up short now, it's stock, and just reached it without the spacer. Suppose I'll have to get a different cable set up now??

It's going between an Edelbrock Performer, and a Holley 470 Truck Avenger. The only real problem I see is going to be my throttle cable coming up short now, it's stock, and just reached it without the spacer. Suppose I'll have to get a different cable set up now??

You shouldnt need a new one. I fab'd one out of flat stock aluminum secured to the throttle lever on the Edelbrock carb. Drilled it to accept the factory stud that the cable attaches to and effectively brought the attach point of the cable further toward the firewall (only about 1/2 or 3/4 inch). was a very simple fix... (it needed to be simple....i'm not that bright! LOL)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$85.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom