t 176 4 speed
Dana 300
4" suspension lift
"upgrade".team rush ignition
Weber 32/36 carb
Holley fuel regulator
new besttop top
nutter bypass
hey guys i just installed a new weber 32/36 with holley fuel regulator and did the nutter by pass and team rush upgrade but have not installed the ford tfi coil yet problem i been having is the idle don't sound right like may be a miss or some thing i pulled the plugs and notice there carbon fouled.. all so checked for a vacum leak and cant find any set the timing to 8 deg plugs gaped at 45 so i take it the carb need adjusting but never adjusted one before so ant tips here for a new bee on how to do this right or is there another problem some where, all like to note it has to warm up for at lest 10 mins or it spit and buck but after than seems to drive fine

What fuel pressure are you running? I have never adjusted on of those carbs, but I'm pretty sure they are touchy on the pressure. I'm sure someone who knows these crabs will be along soon.

BTW - :ww: to the site!

What fuel pressure are you running? I have never adjusted on of those carbs, but I'm pretty sure they are touchy on the pressure. I'm sure someone who knows these crabs will be along soon.

BTW - :ww: to the site!
not really sure paper works says is factories pe set so i am taking its at 4psi the regulator is from 1 to 4 psi was thinking do i need to hook the return line to the regulators as well that i didnt do

hey guys i just installed a new weber 32/36 with holley fuel regulator and did the nutter by pass and team rush upgrade but have not installed the ford tfi coil yet problem i been having is the idle don't sound right like may be a miss or some thing i pulled the plugs and notice there carbon fouled.. all so checked for a vacum leak and cant find any set the timing to 8 deg plugs gaped at 45 so i take it the carb need adjusting but never adjusted one before so ant tips here for a new bee on how to do this right or is there another problem some where, all like to note it has to warm up for at lest 10 mins or it spit and buck but after than seems to drive fine

I would also check the spark plug gap...45 does not sound correct.

I would also check the spark plug gap...45 does not sound correct.
the team rush up grade says gap at 45 but may be thats with the tfi coil

the team rush up grade says gap at 45 but may be thats with the tfi coil

Hopefully someone will come along who knows more about the Team Rush....I am not sure whether you should be running with the stock or modified gap without the TFI.

The Weber is an outstanding carb, and they need just simple adjustment out of the box to make them hum right along. I have used them for years and never had a bad one yet. From time to time you may have some issue with fuel pump pressure and you may need to install a simple and cheap fuel pressure regulator. Weber suggests you run 3.5 lbs, no more, no less. Jeep fuel pumps are notorious to run very erratic fuel pressure, and I have seen them as high as 6 lbs, which is nuts. I have my suspicions about some of that pressure being responsible for at least some of the problems Jeep carbs suffer, and makes their owners hate them. So, I would check the fuel pressure first, and regulate it if It need to be done, or it could be a weak spark. Can't help you with the fancy electronics fiddling, I never believed in it, or have a stead fast rule of only doing one mod at a time, making sure it works right, then moving on to another. Way easier to fix a problem.

The Weber is an outstanding carb, and they need just simple adjustment out of the box to make them hum right along. I have used them for years and never had a bad one yet. From time to time you may have some issue with fuel pump pressure and you may need to install a simple and cheap fuel pressure regulator. Weber suggests you run 3.5 lbs, no more, no less. Jeep fuel pumps are notorious to run very erratic fuel pressure, and I have seen them as high as 6 lbs, which is nuts. I have my suspicions about some of that pressure being responsible for at least some of the problems Jeep carbs suffer, and makes their owners hate them. So, I would check the fuel pressure first, and regulate it if It need to be done, or it could be a weak spark. Can't help you with the fancy electronics fiddling, I never believed in it, or have a stead fast rule of only doing one mod at a time, making sure it works right, then moving on to another. Way easier to fix a problem.
i have a holly fule regulator installed just not sure if its set at 4 psi or 3.5 still wating to installed the tfi coil but suffered a bad head and neck injury a few days ago so not up to working on the coil

i have a holly fule regulator installed just not sure if its set at 4 psi or 3.5 still wating to installed the tfi coil but suffered a bad head and neck injury a few days ago so not up to working on the coil

Well damn boy, set back and relax. The jeep will wait.

Well damn boy, set back and relax. The jeep will wait.

I agree! Getting well is more important that working on a Jeep!

I believe the plug gap should have been left alone until the new coil was installed.

i dont think you need to gap the plugs unless you did the gm 4 pin module. i did all this stuff to mine and ran it for two years untill i put a msd box in a couple weeks ago with no problems.

well i got to work on it i cant help it lol i try and go back to factory specs on the gap and see what happens

re gapped at 35 and still doing the same thing

re gapped at 35 and still doing the same thing

might have to play with the carb adjustments. you might be running to rich. did you put new plugs in?

might have to play with the carb adjustments. you might be running to rich. did you put new plugs in?
ok re gaps plugs to 35 and just turned the idle mixture screw in may be 3/4 of a turn and now it seems to idle smoother as for changing plug no i didn't its got bosh platinum in it... but plan on changing plugs soon

ok re gaps plugs to 35 and just turned the idle mixture screw in may be 3/4 of a turn and now it seems to idle smoother as for changing plug no i didn't its got bosh platinum in it... but plan on changing plugs soon

if the plugs are carboned up they wont fire right. git rid of the bosch and get some plan autolites.

if the plugs are carboned up they wont fire right. git rid of the bosch and get some plan autolites.
will change next payday as low on cash now all so lowered the fule pressue on the regulator but don't have a guage so lower it about a 1/2 turn see if that helps will road test later today

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom