Carpet or no?

Carpet or no?

QKRTHNU

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
My CJ7 came with factory carpet which for as old as it was held up really well.

Should I put carpet back in it or Rhino line it or nothing at all?

Like the capet but in all the jeeps I have owned never had it (this snapped in)

Thoughts?

Jeeps are notorious for rust....and carpets in a CJ promote rust because they hold moisture. I am a strong advocate of rhino lining the floors...regardless of whether you keep the carpet or not.
Removing the carpet eliminates the sound absorbing qualities, keep that in mind. :cool:

I think of carpet as a spunge that holds water, I really don't need that.

I think it depends on how you use your Jeep. If you hardly ever offroad it then carpet is fine but if it sees alot of 4wheeling with mud and water you are better off with out it. IMO

The only exception I make for carpet is when your doing a full restoration and your Cj came with it from the factory. Your not likely to wheel a Cj like that. :) Otherwise carpet has no place in a Cj.

Yes, the factory carpets do hold up well. Even when they've gotten wet. I always kept a rubber floor mat over mine but it doesn't always hold all the water and then they do act like a sponge.
Why not rhino line it, then put the carpet back in? The moisture shouldn't effect the liner. I plan on putting mine back in but then getting new floor liners that Qtec or 4WDinc offer that have the high sides and would probably hold a gallon before overflowing.

No carpet in mine. I had problems when they get wet and not drying out 100% for a couple of days when it rained a couple days in a row. That's the first thing I took out.

I'm for carpet but you have to keep it dry. Gonna be super noisy without. Your woman isn't going to ride with you and if she does will complain the whole time. I know mine would. :p

Me: I know it's loud. There's no carpet. It's on my list to do.
Wife: My ears hurt. This is annoying.
Me: You really can't control your complaining can you?
Wife: Nope.

No carpet here. Do run fitted carpet mats to keep from grinding the rocks into the floor pan, easy to take out and shake off now and then.:D

Me: I know it's loud. There's no carpet. It's on my list to do.
:laugh:

I did both but always pulled it when I pulled the hard top - helped keep heat in any way I could...or when I had a date ;)

Haven't had the roof on in about 10 years...or the carpet

I agree w/ PaRenegade. I"m a big fan of my carpet. I always kick off my sandals & drive barefoot. The floor gets very hot without the carpet. I keep deep-grooved rubber mats over it also. They catch a ton of sand, as I have a dirt driveway. I leave the floor drainholes open, so any water drips out and the carpet dries quickly...

i'm for carpet but you have to keep it dry. Gonna be super noisy without. Your woman isn't going to ride with you and if she does will complain the whole time. I know mine would. :p

me: I know it's loud. There's no carpet. It's on my list to do.

Being newly married, going on 3yrs im starting to understand that....and thats halarious.

I like carpet and have always had it even when I wheeled alot. I like the rhino lining followed by carpet idea for noise reduction. I do not like how a jeep interior feels with scratched up painted floors.

Mine is nice and quiet inside without carpet, but it might have something to do with having thick rubber front floor mats, bed liner, a fiberglass body, a big quiet muffler, and having all terrain tires instead of mudders. :)

I tossed my carpet due to the fact that the PO never cleaned it and it showed as much. Once I do a few repairs to the floor I am going to rhino line it then put new carpet in. I dont do any extreme wheeling so the carpet works for me. Also on top of the carpet are quadratec deep well floor mats.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$25.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom